Find your sense of place at the brand new Hyatt Place Santa Cruz! This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an opening team, establishing a new standard for lodging in the city of Santa Cruz. Hyatt Place is a new kind of Hyatt where the style is relaxed, and the standards are anything but. Hyatt Place is designed to give guests a brand-new hotel experience. And you are the key to bringing it to life.
The Director of Sales (DOS) has full accountability for the sales operation of the hotel, including the sales and marketing budget, forecasts, advertising, marketing and business plans. Additional responsibilities include hiring of staff, training, managing and coaching, as well as managerial oversight in the absence of the General Manager.
The ideal candidate is proficient at prospecting, utilizing professional selling skills (opening, probing, supporting, and closing), and possesses exceptional negotiating skills. The DOS must have good general computer knowledge, be an empathetic communicator, and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills. Most importantly, the DOS enjoys working with the hotel team, has a passion for excellent guest service and does not hesitate to lend a hand in any way to assist a guest or client.
Discover how perfectly a hotel can fit your lifestyle. Hyatt Place. It’s so you™.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent job-related experience
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience required, preferably in a hotel capacity
- Previous experience in a hotel or restaurant customer service role preferred
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Must be outgoing and a proven self-starter
- Weekends and Holidays may be required as business needs warrant
Please send cover letter and resume to: SJCZS-HP-Santa.Cruz-GM@hyatt.com